Easy Pink Velvet Swiss Cake Roll Recipe
This delicious pink velvet swiss cake roll is so impressive that it will be the talk around the table. Make this easy pink velvet swiss cake roll recipe for your next special occasion, you will not regret it.
This beautiful pink swiss roll is made with simple ingredients and filled with a light cream cheese filling, making it one of our favorites dessert cakes.
Easy Pink Velvet Swiss Roll Cake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops pink food coloring
For the filling
- 2 cups cool whip cream thawed
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 9 ounces cream cheese (250 grams softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and set the rack to the center position.
- Line an 15x10x1 inch rectangular baking pan with a 1 inch overhang, then lightly spray with pan release.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl then sift two or three times and set aside.
- Add the eggs into a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer for about 2-3 minutes or until the egg color turns lighter and pale.
- With the hand mixer running, pour in the sugar slowly followed by the oil and mix for about 30 seconds followed by milk, vanilla extract and 2-3 drops of pink food coloring. If you want your cake more pink, add another drop or two or until you reach your desired color.
- Lastly, add the flour mixture and mix until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Add the pink cake batter into the baking pan and level off the surface with a spatula.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until the cake springs back when you poke it.
- In the meantime while the cake is baking, place a sheet of parchment paper about the same dimension of the cake pan onto a working surface and sprinkle with some icing sugar.
- Once the cake is baked, remove from the oven and flip (invert) the cake upside onto the parchment with the icing sugar and slowly remove the parchment paper attached to the cake.
- Starting from a short end of the corner of the cake, roll the cake with the parchment paper and set to cool on the side or wire rack.
For the filling:
- Add the icing using, vanilla extract and cream cheese into a bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth.
- Then add the cool whip and fold into the cream cheese mixture using a spatula. Refrigerate until ready to use
- Unroll the the cake and fill with some of the cream cheese filling, about 1/2 inch in thickness. Re-roll the cake pack and place the seam onto the bottom of the plate.
- You can dust the top with icing sugar or spread some of the leftover cream cheese filling along the top and sides. Decorate with some fresh strawberries.