Biscoff Speculaas Speculoos Cookie Recipe. Love at first taste! I fell in love with these delicious crunchy spiced cookies during my travels in Belgium about 8 years ago. There are many names for these yummy cookies, Biscoff, Speculaas, or Speculoos Cookies.
This Biscoff Speculaas Speculoos Cookie Recipe is the best ever Belgian cookie recipe shared by our bakers in Belgium. We hope you enjoy them and by the way, I’m sure you will keep some always in your left pocket.
Biscoff Speculaas Speculoos Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 g cup cold unsalted butter 115or 1 stick
- 6 tablespoons white granulated sugar 75 g
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar 165 g
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 235 g
- Pre-heat your oven to 350˚F
- Place parchmnt paper into cookie baking pan.
- Dice and cut the chilled butter into small cubes and place into mixing bowl with paddle attachment and mix for 1 minute.
- Pour in the sugar, salt, and spices.
- Cream together for about 2 minutes then add the egg and vanilla extract, mix for 1 minute.
- Shift in flour and baking soda and mix till well combined.
- Divide the cookie dough in half and chill for 30 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, sheet cookie dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a cookie cutter, cut out pieces and place them onto baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart.
- Place cookies into pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Chill cookies on cooling rack.