Jamaican Hard Roll Recipe
Jamaican hard roll bread recipe. This hard roll is a typical traditional bread roll of Jamaica. Made with all natural ingredient, flour, water, salt, yeast, sugar and shortening. This recipe is easy to follow, make at your bakery or home.
- Ingredients Imperial Metric Baker’s %
- Bread flour 35.27 oz 1000 g 100 %
- Water 19.40 oz 550 g 55 %
- Yeast 1.05 oz 30 g 3 %
- Salt 0.70 oz 20 g 2 %
- Sugar 0.88 oz 25 g 2.5 %
- Shortening 1.05 oz 30 g 3 %
Make up instructions;
- Add all ingredient into mixing bowl and mix on slow speed for 8 minutes followed by high speed 5 minutes or until dough is completely homogeneous.
- Final desired dough temperature should be between 24°C and 26°C (75.5°F – 78.8°F)
- Makeup Instructions:
- Scale individual dough pieces at 80 grams or 2.8 oz.
- Slightly round each dough piece and let it rest covered at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Starting from the top edge of the dough ball, fold onto the center of the dough and repeat this step by bringing the top edge of the dough towards the bottom edge and mold into oval shape into 4 inches in length (10.1cm).
- Place formed rolls onto floured board or baking tray.
- Place the formed rolls into a proofer and proof for approximately 60 minutes. If you don’t have a proofer, cover the formed pieces with plastic and proof at room temperature for 120 minutes or until rolls have doubled in size.
- Give on cut length-wise if you desire a nice look on your rolls.
- Once the final fermentation is completed place your rolls into oven ( steam is possible)and bake at 200°C (392 °F) for 18 minutes or until golden.
- Cool product and serve.