The best delicious Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread recipe with easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions that are straightforward and foolproof. Try this Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread recipe today!
Hello my friends, this Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread recipe will not disappoint, I promise! Made with simple ingredients, our Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread is amazingly delicious, and addictive, everyone will be asking for more Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread.
What Makes This Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread Recipe Better?
The answer is simple, Simplicity, Foolproof, Straightforward, and Tested. Yes, all recipes have been tested before posting including this Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread.
Ready to make this Cinnamon Sugar Crusted Sweet Bread Recipe? Let’s do it!
Oh, before I forget…If you’re looking for recipes that are simple to follow, then we’ve got your back. With over 55,000 recipes in our database, we’ve got the best recipes you’re craving for.
5 c Sifted all purpose flour 1 c Warm water (105 – 1150F)
2 c Sugar 1 Egg, slightly beaten
Salt 1/2 c Melted butter
3 tb Butter OR oil 2 ts Ground cinnamon
1 Active dry yeast (use 2 1 ts Anise extract OR
Packages if time is short) 1/4 c Aniseeds
1. Sift flour, 1 cup sugar adn salt together. Cut in the butter until
the mixture resembles coarse meal. If using oil, stir oil into liquid
ingredients after adding the egg.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water, stir vigorously, and allow to ferment
for 5 to 10 minutes. Then add the egg and anise extract or aniseeds.
3. Add a small quantity of the flour mixture to the yeast and beat
until thoroughly blended. Let stand for a few minutes, or until dough
becomes light and airy.
4. Add the rest of the flour mixture, adding more flour if necessary to
make a stiff dough. Knead on a lightly floured board until satiny.
5. Butter the top of the dough, cover with wax paper and let rise until
6. When the bread has risen, punch it down, and let it rise until
7. Knead the dough slightly, then form into balls the size of an
orange. With a rolling pin, flatten to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick.
8. Prepare a topping by mixing together the melted butter, remaining 1
cup sugar and the cinnamon. Spread topping on all sides of the rolls.
9. Let rolls rise until light and about doubled in size. When nearly
doubled, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to
25 minutes, or until golden. Slice thinly and butter generously with soft
butter. Arrange slices on a platter as desired. They will keep for 2 to 3
days at room temperature when well wrapped.
Maximum recommended freezer storage: 3 months
Makes 8 to 10 small loaves.
Leave a Reply