Delicious and Healthy Whole Grain Vegan Spelt Cranberry Lemon Muffin Recipe.
In Vegan World, finding the right alternative ingredients is the key, however this sometimes is a long confusing challenge such as finding the right substitute for replacing fats like butter or oils and eggs as they play a key role in the organoleptic characters of our finished baked treasures.
As we explore the world of vegetable oil which generally rings a lot of bells and whistles on the processes that are being used to complete and sustain the finished product. Some oils are refined and some are unrefined. Refined oils are those oils that have been altered in some form, such as comprising of mixed fat sources. Unrefined oils are just as the name states and are typically cold pressed which is the Cleaner Method of extraction without any addition modification. The downside of the unrefined oil is that they are not stabilized so resulting in the oils to burn increasingly faster then refined oils.
As I’ve explored my vegetarian baking passion, I’ve detected that the planet is jam-packed with such a big amount of alternative fascinating fat substitutes. In this recipe we explore different types of milks like Almond Milk and oil like coconut oil which is rich in fat and actually improves the overall taste, texture and quality of the Whole grain Spelt cranberry lemon muffin while keeping with our vegan values.
The great thing about vegan or vegetarian baking is that we don’t have to play by the traditional principles and rules, we tend to be much more creative and adventurous and innovative in how we develop our recipes. Our objective is simple “Clean” “Healthy” and respect of all living things.
Lets take a look at the ingredients being used in this recipe which was developed by one of our Master Bakers in Holland and who is 100% Vegan. Simple earth ingredients like whole grain spelt flour, raw cane sugar, coconut oil, almond milk, organic fruits like cranberries and lemons and apple sauce with gives these delicious muffins a nice sweet tarty note. We hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as we have. Happy Baking!!
Whole Grain Vegan Spelt Cranberry Lemon Muffin Recipe
- 1-1/2 cup Whole Grain Spelt Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil OR Organic GMO Free Canola Oil
- 1/3 cup apple sauce unsweeted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Organic Lemon Zest
- 1-1/4 Organic Cranberries
- 1-Start by pre-heating your oven to 350F/176C and placing your muffin cups inside muffin pan.
- 2- Combine the Whole grain spelt flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- 3-add the almond milk, coconut oil, apple sauce, lemon juice and zest and raw cane sugar. Mix until sugar has dissolved and add in the cranberries and mix for 30 seconds or until cranberries are evenly disbursed in the batter.
- 4- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the muffin cups about 3/4 high.
- 5-Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a nice tan golden color. Once baked remove from muffin pan and cool.
- Enjoy. Make Sure To Like Us On Facebook!!!