Easy delicious Ecuadorian quimbolito recipe.
Easy delicious Ecuadorian quimbolito recipe. What are the quimbolitos?
The Ecuadorian quimbolitos are a type of sweet steamed cakes very traditional sweets of Ecuador. They are typical steam cakes made with Wheat flour along with corn flour, eggs, butter,sugar and milk.
Other South American countries have their own unique tasty versions
Easy Ecuadorian Quimbolito Recipe
- 2 cup of white wheat flour 8oz
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 12 tablespoons of butter. 12oz
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar 12oz
- 2 cup Fresh cow or goat cheese 12 oz
- 12 eggs separate whites and yolks
- 2 teaspoon Brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean 1 pod
- 8 tablespoons of Raisins
- 1 cup of Milk 8oz
- Following these simple instructions to prepare a delicious tasting Ecuadorian quimbolitos. Your whole family will love.
- Mix the room temperature butter along with the sugar until you get a very creamy like mixture.
- In a separate bowl add milk, egg yolk previously separated from the whites), flour, cheese, baking powder, soaked raisins, brandy and vanilla bean and mix together well then add it to the butter and sugar mixture.
- In an separate bowl using a blender beat the egg whites until they achieve a soft peak. Mix together both the whipped egg whites and dough mixture until well blended.
- You have a choose of using achira leaves, parchment paper or aluminum foil paper to pour in the mixture. Fill each packets and wrap them well leaving the middle of the packet slightly opened.
- You can cook steam them in a bain-marie for approximately 30 minutes. Your cooking time may change depending on how much quimbolito filling you add to the achira leaves..