These delicious easy to make Grand Marnier Canneles Aux Poires Recipe ( Crisp Custard Cake Recipe) Canneles ( Caneles) are a stable throughout the regions in France, you will not be disappointed!! These delights require a special mold pictured below, if just in case you can not source the canneles mold you can use a standard muffin pan.
Caneneles Aux Poires Recipe ( Crisp Custard Cake Recipe)
- 1 cup ( 250 ml) milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp ( 25 grams) butter unsalted and softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp ( 3 1/2 oz, 100 grams ) Sugar granulated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 whole egg large
- 1 1/2 tbsp ( 25 grams ) Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup ( 2oz, 60 grams) all purpose flour
- pinch Salt
- In a small saucepan bring the milk to a boil. Split the vanilla bean and remove the seeds by scraping them out.
- Remove the boiling milk from the stove heat and add the vanilla bean and seeds and let it sit for a few minutes (about 4-5 minutes).
- Place a medium size bowl over the a saucepan with 1inch ( 2.5 cm) barely simmering water. Add the butter and whisk till it gets very creamy.
- Now remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the sugar, egg yolks, whole eggs and Grand Marnier. Whisk gently in the flour and salt avoiding creating air pockets.
- Now remove the vanilla bean from the milk and pour the milk into the batter whisking slowly and gently until well incorporated. Chill batter at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425F / (220C) butter the caneneles molds generously and fill the molds to 2/3 full.
- Baking: Bake the Canneles for 30-40 minutes or until a rich brown shell forms. After baking immediately emove the cannelles from the mold and let cool down. Serve these delicious beautiful Canneles at room temperature.Enjoy!!