Decorated Pumpkin Shaped Cookies Recipe For Halloween
Halloween is two weeks away, so here is a simple a quick to prepare pumpkin shaped Halloween shortbread sugar cookies recipe to keep the kids busy. This decorated pumpkin-shaped cookies recipe for Halloween is made with simple ingredients so let’s get baking.
Decorated Halloween Pumpkin Cookies
- Ingredients to make Decorated Cookies for Halloween:
- For the cookie dough:
- 5 cups of Flour 700 grams
- 1 cup of sugar 200 grams
- 300 grams of Butter 1⅓ cups
- 2 units of Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- For decoration:
- Orange fondant
- Black fondant
- In a mixer, beat the butter until medium fluffy. Then, add the whole eggs, the sugar and the vanilla essence.
- Once you have obtained a homogeneous dough , add the flour until it takes a bit to beat it and remove the dough. Sprinkle flour on a surface to spread the dough on it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut the cookies into the pumpkin shapes and place onto baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to a medium temperature of 180 ºC and, once hot, bake the cookies until golden brown. In general, about 15 minutes.
- Let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Now, with a cookie cutter or the mouth of a glass, cut out fondant circles . It is important that they are the same size as the cookies, so another trick is to place the cookie on the sugar paste and use it as a mold.
- The orange circle will be the base of the pumpkin . To stick it to the cookie, simply dip your fingertips in water and lightly pat the cookie. Next, place the fondant circle and stick it well with your fingertips as well.
- Now we are going to mark the lines of the pumpkin. To do this, take a pastry knife, or a normal one, and draw curved lines that start from one of the points of the cookie. If you use a normal knife, try not to squeeze so as not to cut the fondant, since what we want is to mark it, not cut it.
- This done, let’s go with the pumpkin face . Spread the black fondant and with the same knife cut two triangles for the eyes, and draw the mouth as you prefer, you can make it more or less terrifying.
- To glue the eyes and mouth to the pumpkin cookie, you must follow the same process as with the orange base, with water. Of course, be careful with the amount of water you use because black fondant tends to fade and can stain orange fondant.
- To finish our cookies decorated for Halloween you can take some green fondant, make a small churro and place it as a leaf. You can buy the fondant at any bakery store. Here we present an idea to decorate pumpkin-shaped cookies, but you can use it as a base and let your imagination run wild to make your own decoration.